The workshop involves each participant creating their own personalized interactive sculpture that they can take home; using some recycled materials, integrating ideas of environment, science (kinetics/physics) and design…. but mostly it’s fun!
There are limited spaces available for this popular workshop.
Suits participants aged from 8 to 14yrs old
“Critterbug”: A morphed insect animal that wobbles and flaps.
Multicolored and bright. No two are the same in the entire Universe.
- Welcome and introductions from the artist and pupils
- Outline of the day’s activities and possible results
- Short video on the artists practice
- Explanation of what automata is
- Look at several art works and the mechanisms used
- The use of recycled materials - Examination of working models and mechanisms - - Tour of David’s exhibition in the gallery space
- Selected books on the subject on view for ideas
- Each participant will have a kit to use
- Selection of materials for individual bugs, involving a lucky dip!
- As a group, guided step by step construction of the Wacky Wire Critterbug
- The drawing and designing of individual elements; template making
- Assembly of parts, fitting of mechanism and decoration of bug
10am-3pm on Wednesday January 25 $60 pp
Bookings are essential, 8388 7250 firstname.lastname@example.org